Changes




I think one of the most frustrating parts about working out is that no one really notices the hard work you have put in.  People sort of notice but they aren’t going to notice the subtle differences that you can see.  That’s why pictures will help you on your journey.  You can see where you have been and where you are going.

I have been noticing a lot of new muscle definition.  It’s weird how happy it makes me.  I feel proud when I get an unsolicited “I can really see your shoulder muscles working” when I am mid rep from my husband.  I enjoy seeing new lines and definition in the mirror.

If you were to ask me a couple years ago if I ever thought I would be getting this into exercise I would of laughed long and hard right in your face.  Working out always seemed like a long exhausting accomplishment that I was not capable of.   I have 2 young spawn at home, a full time job, a husband, a menagerie of critters, where am I supposed to fit exercise in there?  Buy low and behold I have. 

I started out slow for an obstacle course that I failed miserably at.  I kept up the running after my injury healed and signed up for little fun run’s here and there.  The key to keeping active, for me, is to sign up for an event that I need to train for or keep fit for.  So, I have slid from solely running to incorporate some muscle building as well.

I am excited to see the changes in my body.  It isn’t something I ever thought I would see.  I want to share with people because I am excited but I don’t want people to see me as a braggart.  No wonder those fit people like to walk around without there shirt on.  I mean I do it too but that is because I am hot in the temperature aspect of my life not because I want praise on my abs.  By all means though, praise my abs too.

So even if you are not the photogenic sort, take some pictures before and during your journey.  On your longest dark days when you feel like you have not made any progress you will be able to look back and see where you started.

No comments :

Post a Comment